Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Firefly Lane

I just finished a great book! Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah is chick lit with a purpose. It is the story of two friends through four decades of life. It explores the question of a woman's search for purpose both in the the work world and at home.

I confess, it has some rough edges of language from time to time but the characters are so real. They breathe life at you from every paragraph. I laughed and balled (the end is soooo sad).

It was a great read that I picked up on a whim on the new release shelf at the library. I devoured the whole thing in under 8 hours of ignoring my family.

There is plenty of girl talk about fashion and makeup, some of it from every decade! The descriptions of the clothes and makeup from the seventies and early eighties are worth the read alone! There is also reference to great music (I still love the eighties!) and discussion about living life for what is really all about.

I'd love to hear if you enjoy it too!

No comments: