Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On my mind

I spent all day yesterday trying to decide which one of these ideas to blog about but I couldn't choose. So...

1. In a matter of 10 days: I have found my first gray hair...with about 15 others. I have gotten my first traffic ticket EVER. I will turn 31. I am in transition overload!!!

2. I have spent the last two weekends with different groups of people that I love dearly and trust deeply. They know the core of who I am and challenge me to live up to that. They pray with me, for me and over me. I am a better person after being with them and knowing that I walk this journey with all of them. They call Christ out in my life.

3. I have never spoken politically on this blog. I feel the need to say this. My kingdom is not of this world but I have a duty as a Christian to pray for the well being of my human leaders. I recognize that each of them are in place as God has ordained and I pray for His will to be done under thier authority. Many of my fellow Christ followers have taken it upon themselves to pray against our newly elected president, forgetting that our hope, refuge, and well-being lie beyond his control. I would rather pray that the plans of God be accomplished.

4. People are truly a mystery. They are not an equation that can be understood completely or made entirely predicatable. Maybe it's because we are made in the image of One so complex that we cannot fathom all that is within us.

5. I am married to THE most amazing man in all the world. He was superdad for an entire weekend, while preparing to preach and participating in the future of our church, so that I could spend time with my college girlfriends (see #2). Here's a shoutout to you, baby! You are awesome!

6. I often don't pray specifically because I am afraid of how God will answer my request. I am in a funky season of feeling really daring and just boldly asking what I really want. It feels crazy! And freeing!

7. I am not grown up yet. I think that's why this birthday is a little unnerving. I am supposed to be the adult. But even this weekend, I discovered things about what motivates me and pushes me to succeed that I hadn't realized before. Aren't you supposed to know all that stuff by now?

8. God took a huge risk in revealing Himself through story. There is a lot of room for interpretation surrounding story. Apparently, He's okay with that. I feel the need to make conclusive statements and lists about myself. Hmm...

9. Twin Springs Texas Sweet Red is my absolute favorite wine right now. It would seem that a lot of you share that love because the warehouse for the Dallas area is empty. Quit drinking my favorite! I found it first :-)!

10. The physical well being of our bodies does influence the spiritual well being. Fascinating!

I think that I'm done now. Whew! Maybe I can concentrate now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know somebody else is still having to figure things about themselves.