Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prayer

Tonight I pray for all the mothers in the world...

I pray for the mothers who watch helplessly as their children wither instead of bloom.

I pray for that mother heart that we share and the pain it must endure to survive each day. I pray for miraculous provision to come to their children. I pray for glimmers of hope. I pray for private moments to cry and release the pain. I pray for the world to notice, to act. I pray for the Kingdom to break into their life.

I pray for the men who love them, or at least live with them, to have wisdom in consoling their mother heart.

I pray for their children. I pray that as their bodies wither, their spirits bloom in the loving care of the mother.

I pray for my heart that it might grow in it's capacity to love and be loved. I pray for my children that they may bloom. I pray for perspective that acknowledges the blessings of the life we live.

No comments: