Monday, September 8, 2008

Today

I had a plan for what I was going to write today. I wanted to tell you about my wonderful weekend. But, all I can think about is today.

I left my house, already running late, at 8:45am to go to the grocery store. Little Man and I finally pulled out of the parking lot with groceries in tow at 10:45am. Yes. TWO hours later!!! We were late for a play date and had groceries in the back. After unloading just the cold stuff, we raced to our play date.

As we pulled into the park, late, I decided to favor simplicity. I took just my keys and our water and set out to enjoy time visiting with my sister in law and friend. Thirty minutes later, her phone rang with my husband's caller ID. He had been trying to reach me for sometime to report that our middle child had fallen at school.

I ditched Little Man and his car seat on his aunt and raced to school. I was greeted by a tear stained face, swollen lips and loose teeth. After hours of trying to find a pediatric dentist that was actually in the office today, we found out that the roots of at least one of her front teeth are severely damaged. It is just a waiting game now to see if they can heal.

We got her home, settled with ice, and my husband set off for work again. Homework started with the girls and then the phone rang. My husband's car had died. We rescued him, reclaimed Little Man and are now home.

I'm tired and the evening has yet to begin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, yuck! I'm praying for you guys. Wow, what a day!

Kristi said...

Hey girl! Blah! No fun! Hang in there and give her a kiss for me!

Shelley said...

What a day! Hope tomorrow is better. It is days like today that make us thankful for those "boring" days at home. Hang in there!