Monday, June 23, 2008

Wonder


Last week we took the family to San Antonio. It was a week of relaxing and just being together but the best part was going to Sea World. We rushed in the gates at 10am and headed straight to a show called "Viva". Dolphins and Beluga whales swam with synchronized swimmers and amazing divers all set to music. We were all mesmerized.


I found myself a little teary-eyed as I watched the dolphins and whales with their trainers. Complete trust and deep relationship existed betweeen an animal and a human. Part of my soul connected to this idea that God meant it to be like that. Animals were meant to trust humans as their protectors; humans were meant to treasure the gift of wildlife as a huge responsibility.


I am very disconnected from nature most of time. I'm not really the outdoorsy type. Outdoors is hot, messy and involves bugs. None of those are really my forte. But just maybe I've been missing out on more than grass stains and mosquito bites. Maybe I've been missing out on connecting with another way that God reveals Himself.


I'm not sure where this idea will really flesh out in my life. I still do not like heat or bugs but I do need to be connecting with God in all the ways that He would reveal himself to me. What do you think?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm not too much about heat or bugs, either. But I LOVE to be in God's creation. Even a walk around my neighborhood blesses me immensely with the crazy cats and the funny birds and squirrels. Love them all so much. Beth Moore said what I think, "There is nothing I love more than to worship God through His creation, but when darkness comes, get me to a Holiday Inn!" testify, Beth!

Meagan said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!!! I am adding you to my role RIGHT now.