Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Junk

I realized today that my life is like my washing machine. See, our laundry room is just inside our back door. So any time someone walks in or out of the house to the garage, they have to go by the washing machine. What that means is that as we walk in and out of the door, we have a very convenient place to leave stuff.

I have a "once a week" rule about doing laundry. I hate laundry and so I save it all up for one day a week and just get it over with. Usually it's Friday and I do at least 8 loads of laundry.

The combination of the these factors makes for a very messy laundry room. The first twenty minutes of every laundry day begins with sorting all the stuff off of the washer. I have to find where it all goes and put it away so that I can even start the laundry.

My life is a little the same. Junk builds up higher and higher until I wonder where I really am. I'm lost under the rubble, suffocating. As my spirit gasps for air, I ask myself where it all came from. Why didn't I clean up sooner? How do I clean it all off?

How do you clean off?

No comments: